These Kinds of Water MAKE YOU OLDER
Controversial video demonstration shows how the most popular kind of water ages you faster.
One of them… however…might make you younger.
1. There are about 1.5 billion cubic kilometres of water on Earth – that’s 1.5 billion trillion litres, or 800 trillion Olympic swimming pools.
2. If all that water was evenly spread over the Earth’s surface it would have a depth of 3,700 metres.
3. 97% of the Earth’s water is salty. 2.1% is locked up in polar ice caps and less than 1% is available as fresh water.
4. Water is sticky. The molecules love to stick to things, especially each other. It’s what gives it such a large surface tension. It keeps you alive: it means water can pull blood up narrow vessels in the body, often against the force of gravity.
5. Water should be a gas at room temperature – all similar molecules, such as hydrogen sulphide (H2S) and ammonia (NH3), are gases. The stickiness of water molecules holds them together as a liquid.
6. Water is the second most common molecule in the universe. The most common is hydrogen gas, H2.
7. The biggest known cloud of water vapour was discovered by Nasa scientists around a black hole 12 billion light years from Earth. There is 140 trillion times as much water in it as all the water in the world’s oceans.